What are the Best KwaZulu Natal holiday attractions
Most KwaZulu Natal holidays start in the vibrant and buzzing seaside city of Durban – this is the gateway to KwaZulu Natal and offers a hive of activity all year-round; including golden sandy beaches, blue sea and excellent marine parks.
Somewhat inland is the spectacular Drakensberg and Midlands, famed for natural beauty, hiking and nature trails, a must for all outdoor enthusiasts.
The Battlefields & The Zulu Kingdom holds intriguing insight into the fierce battles that shaped both South African and British history – a definite holiday highlight.
If you are interested in safaris and wildlife viewing, KwaZulu Natal safaris epitomises the best of the African wilderness in Big-5 safari parks and provides excellent game viewing as well as in the famed St Lucia Wetlands Park for marine life.
Here are some other top attractions in KwaZulu Natal
- Visit Africa’s largest marine park – uShaka Marine World
- Relax on one of the Blue Flag beaches scattered along the coast
- Explore the World Heritage Site and wildlife sanctuary of St Lucia
- Dive the world famous Aliwal Shoal reef
- Golf at some of the country’s prime golf courses
- Hike the majestic Drakensberg
- Enjoy excellent game viewing on a KwaZulu Natal safari
- Learn about the historical sites of the Battlefields & The Zulu Kingdom
- Relive the life of the Zulu warriors in a traditional Zulu village
- Ride in a rickshaw adorned in colourful attire on the Durban beachfront